Via Haveeru Online :
" A little girl has died of dengue while receiving treatment in ADK hospital yesterday.
ADK Hospital Managing Director Ahmed Afaal revealed that the girl had contracted the most dangerous strain of the virus, which is known as Dengue Shock Syndrome.
In addition, the child had suffered from aspiration pneumonia, Afaal said.
“The child was brought in emergency to the hospital yesterday evening. By the time she was brought in she was having difficulties in breathing and died soon after while we were treating her in intensive care,” he added.
However, Afaal did not disclose further details of the child who passed away from the infectious disease transmitted by several species of mosquito.
The most number of deaths by the dengue virus had been recorded last year, where it claimed the lives of over 10 people, most of whom had been children."