Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Malaysia : Death of 5-yr old boy was caused by salmonella poisoning - Health Director

Via New Straits Times, excerpt :

The death of five-year-old Mohammad Iqbal Rafie Mohd Ilme on Monday was caused by salmonella poisoning and 68 people had seek treatment due to food poisoning as of today.

It was believed that they had fallen ill after consuming chicken contaminated with the salmonella bacteria in the fried rice and fried noodle bought at the Dataran Shahbandar and Padang Hiliran night markets.
Initial investigation by the Health Department revealed that all those who had seek treatment at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah hospital (HSNZ) here for food poisoning alleged that they had eaten food bought at the two night markets on Friday and Saturday."

No comments:

Post a Comment