Search This Blog

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Trinidad & Tobago : 30 confirmed dengue cases in Chaguanas – mobile clinic soon

Via Newsday :

" OVER THE past week, there have been about 24 confirmed dengue cases in Edinburgh 500, Chaguanas.

Chaguanas Mayor, Orlando Nagessar yesterday confirmed that last week there have been about 30 confirmed dengue cases within the Chaguanas Borough.

Nagessar said there will soon be a mobile clinic to deal with persons suspected of contracting the dengue, “where they can go, and be tested”.

However, several persons suspected of having contracted dengue fever in Chaguanas and wanting to have medical tests done, claimed they are being turned away by members of staff at the Chaguanas Health Facility.

One of the persons, who were turned away, was Sharon Edwards, 38, of Edinburgh 500, Chaguanas.

When Newsday contacted her yesterday, Edwards said she went to the casualty department of the health facility at Montrose, at about 1.30 pm to have a dengue test done when she was told that they were “closed off” for the day. “When I went to the health centre, I was told by a woman to go to the third floor. When I got there I saw there were about 15 people waiting to get the dengue test done. I told a member of staff that I was there for a test as well. I was then told that they were not taking anyone else for the day because they were closed off. I told them but the sign on the door states that the opening hours are from 8 am to 4 pm and that it was only 1.30 pm,” Edwards said."

No comments:

Post a Comment