Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

400 students hospitalized for suspected food poisoning in India

Via Xinhua :

More than 400 students of a Mumbai school were hospitalized Monday with symptoms of food poisoning after eating a cake served in mid-day meal, said local daily The Hindustan Times Tuesday.

Students from classes 1 to 8 of Anjuman Nurool Islam Urdu School at the financial capital of India complained of uneasiness after having the food, said the newspaper.
The incident came about four months after a poisonous mid-day meal claimed 23 children in the eastern state of Bihar.
"We rushed the students to nearby hospitals," the newspaper quoted N.M. Malik, Mumbai school principal, as saying.
However, doctors said the children were stable and many were discharged Monday. "No child was critical."

No comments:

Post a Comment