Search This Blog

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Mom, newborn die of swine flu in Scotland

An article from UPI, excerpt :

" PRESTON, Scotland, Dec. 29 : A Scottish mother and her newborn died from swine flu during the holidays and another new mother is struggling to hang on, hospital officials said.
The Daily Record reported Tuesday Julie Ellison, 31, died a few hours after her baby Jessica died during labor Christmas Eve at a hospital in Preston, Lancashire.

"I've lost everything. Why is life so cruel?" asked Ellison's partner, Tom Howe. "It should have been the happiest day of my life. I don't know what to do, I am devastated. I can't put into words what this has done to me," said Howe, who lost his father to cancer in November.

Meanwhile, Ashleigh Morrison continues to fight a severe infection at Crosshouse Hospital in Ayrshire, where her baby was delivered two weeks ago by Caesarean section after Morrison contracted swine flu. Her daughter, Elise, was born healthy and Morrison's condition has been slowly improving after doctors induced a coma, the Record said."

No comments:

Post a Comment